Sunday, June 18, 2006

Dying more roving today!

This picture is of a pound of undyed mill end roving (unknown wool but not superwash) in a natural color. The dye has a nice subdued effect over natural wool - pic to come this week! I am enjoying the results so far and will start selling hand painted roving soon. I am trying to get comfortable with the idea of selling my homespun and hand dyed.

I need to dye in the first hours of morning because my microwave shares an outlet with my air conditioner and I can only use one at a time...Oh the injustice. I really want to try the method where you mix everything up and put the dyepot in the trunk of your car and park it in the sun for a couple of hours. Solar dying. An eco-friendly choice? I'm not being lazy, I'm saving the planet.

No comments: