Friday, September 01, 2006

Fiber Friday 9/1/06

Novelty yarn!

Here it is, a blend of merino, targhee, rambouillet, mohair, cotswold, and recycled sari silk. There may be some other wools in there too, I was on a spinning frenzy.

I'm trying to challenge myself spinning different kinds of yarns. I ordered the Pluckyfluff book ages ago and if it ever arrives I will put it to good use!

I am really considering going to Camp Pluckyfluff in Newport Beach at the end of October. It's a two-day spinning camp where you get to learn lots of novelty yarn techniques. I really enjoyed saying "camp pluckyfluff," by the way. The name has really grown on me. Here's my office fantasy for next month:

Co-worker: "What are you doing this weekend?"
Me: "I'm going to camp pluckyfluff." (immediately walk away without explanation)

3 comments:

Brewer said...

I've often thought about buying that book, but want to look at it before I do. Let me know what you think when you do get it. The yarn looks lovely! I was outside spinning today (silk and wool), I'll have to get some pics.

Anonymous said...

pluckfluff!

Wendy Stackhouse said...

Sounds like fun to me.

Have you heard of Sticks and Stones? They are new, in the area, and have spin-ins on Wednesday and Thursday nights (on Wednesday they listen to books on tape). I'm thinking of trying to go sometime when I'm free on a Wednesday. Closer than Santa Clarita, but not a lot of variety in the fiber selection. Maybe we can work on them...