Tuesday, September 05, 2006

My so-called journal

I cannot fathom the amount of effort, planning, thoughtfulness and execution that went into creating this perfect mixed paper journal from Sweetie Pie Press

Actually, there are no journals on their website, so don't look for them there. I got this in another swap (yes, I am a madwoman) and frankly, it's too nice to use.

It's loaded with ledger paper, rice paper, vellum, cardstock, graph paper, etc. On and on. I keep picking it up and looking through it and putting it back down again.

It's like being precious with homespun that is "too nice" to knit with. An object has artistic value even if it doesn't fulfill it's original purpose. But there's something to be said for colliding with destiny. Just take a sharpie and write all over it. Go on, I dare you.

Just kidding. Don't touch it. Seriously. Don't even look at it for too long, it's that precious.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's really nice!

Star said...

I'm afraid to use it

AR said...

Yeah, really pretty. I do that with things, sometimes, too.

Wendy Stackhouse said...

I tend to do that same thing with nice papers, I save them FOREVER. Move them from state to state. Enjoy looking at it!

OTOH, I've never made yarn nice enough never to knit up (I don't think). Someday...

erin32mc said...

that is beautiful!