Monday, February 19, 2007

Me, me me

I was thinking 2007 was the year of "getting what I want" but I'm starting to feel like perhaps it's more like "be thankful for what you have."

What? Too preachy? I still have a big list of things I want, don't worry.

This weekend the ever-generous Ali and I took a trip to Target to load up on goodies for a care package to send to a bunch of strangers. Doesn't that sound like fun?

Well let me back up a bit. I was lurking on Craftster and happened upon a post that said something about how we might consider taking some of that swapping energy and turn it into an act of kindness. She posted a link to this site - that allows folks to send care packages to soldiers.

I know this war is a hot topic and I'm not going to "go there" but I was sucked into this site hard - reading the stories and the simple things people needed. I'm not trying to brag about this, but perhaps drop a little reminder that the best way to feel better when you're down is to do something nice for someone else. It's even better if you don't know them.

And yes, I'm still addicted to swapping.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First time to your site, knitter, and mother of a soldier...tears in my eyes to find your support of Anysoldier.com...such a welcome relief from other 'arty' liberals' sites spewing anti-war stuff which undermines our military and our nation's security...gotten afraid to check out other knitting blogs in fear of finding anti-military crap...tears welling up again...you're a great American....

Anonymous said...

...wanted to add also that learning more about what's happening 'over there' helps one realize that freedom isn't free...never was, never will be...love your freedom? thank a vet...