Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Production time

It's been busy over here this week. I'm really happy and grateful that my Etsy shop is doing really well and I've been looking into ways to increase productivity:

Problem: Can only dye about 3 oz of fiber at a time.

Solution: Get a larger pot! I picked up a 20-quart stockpot on Saturday and I can't wait to put it to use.

Problem: There's a log-jam with the spinning. I only have 3 bobbins and 1 niddy noddy. The bobbins fill up and the niddy noddy slows everything down.

Solution: Get more bobbins and niddy noddy's!

Problem: I have an old Louet and can't figure out what size new bobbins I need.

Problem: They were too busy at the hardware store to cut pvc pipe for me to make another niddy noddy or two.

Problem: I am easily discouraged.

Problem: I have a million other things to do as well.

Problem: I am starting to obsess.

Solution: Take a break and try again later. Chocolate won't hurt either.

1 comment:

Macoco said...

I think chocolate is definitely what this situation calls for! It looks like things will pull together since you know what needs to get done etc, etc. Good luck!