Friday, June 29, 2007

Fiber Friday 6/29/07

I've only got one to show off today but I suspect I'll have loads once the Tour de Fleece begins in one week's time (yay!)

This little number here I spun as a gift to my good friend Brooke.

There is natural colored coopworth, hand-dyed green mill ends, mohair curls and recycled sari silk.

This style of yarn is part of a series I keep re-visiting by taking neutral colors and pairing them with shocks of something bright. I've made one blue and one orange previously.


I had the luxury of hand delivering this yarn while on vacation last week during the great NW odyssey adventure I took. That reminds me, Black Sheep Gathering pictures... to come!

Now that I'm writing about it, I admit I'm kinda sad to be back home in the heart of darkness. I miss the good living my friends have worked out in the great NW. The older I get, the more I appreciate the concept of quality of life.

I better start carving out pieces for myself no matter where I am. Fiber Friday is a little taste I get each week. Yum!

No comments: