Monday, July 09, 2007

Tour de Fleece - Day 3

I managed to get a picture of what's on the bobbins... though by now these two have been plied together and sit tightly around the niddy noddy as one sweet sport weight yarn.

And they said it couldn't be done on a bulky flyer!

Seriously though, I am in love with these colors. I decided to split the one-pound braid of pretty roving into four yarns. (you know, the one dyed by the nine year old boy I keep raving about)

I've got a worsted to bulky 2-ply, a sport weight 2-ply, a bouncy number plied with thread and the next one will be a single. Why? Just as an experiment and to challenge myself, as I promised to do during the Tour de Fleece.

I hope all the Tour spinners are challenging themselves too! Warning, I know where you blog!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how the singles spun up. Can't wait to see the plyed yarn.

Wendy Stackhouse said...

Finished the silk, spun the alpaca singles, now they must rest. What shall I do next? Hmm...