Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Mulberry daydream

It's one of those days when you just want to look at a pretty hand painted yarn and imagine what it will become...

I'd like to take a minute to introduce you to a brand new fingering yarn from Spinning Yarns Online - a site I believe is only a few weeks old.

Yes! New! Yarn!

Carolyn hand dyes all of the yarn there and spins some too. I don't think you can get this stuff anywhere else. Starting to sound interesting?

The yarn here is called Mulberry bush and I can't yet decide if they will be socks or a scarf or... well I think I better knit a swatch first. Let inspiration strike.

Yeah so, look for a more comprehensive review after I actually start knitting with the stuff. But early reports indicate vibrant color and soft 100% superwash merino to be sweet. And the texture reminds me of Koigu.

No comments: