Wednesday, January 09, 2008

TNNA eve

I'm going to my first TNNA tomorrow! (Yes, the trade show for knitters and yarn and other needle arts things)

...and I am going to make a horse's behind of myself. I just know it. Why do I know this?

Things I will try not to do tomorrow:

1. I hear it's overwhelmingly crowded. I tend to act like Dustin Hoffman a la Rain Man in big crowds.

2. Many famous knitters will be there. These are MY movie stars. I will stare at them, but shyness will keep me from talking coherently. Then I will try to take a picture on the sly and you know how that will turn out.

3. A convention center full of yarn? What if I panic and start fondling and sniffing some, uninvited? It happens.

4. I will meet new people. I will forget their names a nanosecond after I hear what they are.

5. I have to be in Long Beach at 8:30 am. Considering traffic, I will leave at 7. This means I will arrive 45 minutes early or about a half hour late.

6. The super cute business cards I ordered aren't here yet. I have to bring the weird, old ones. The few of them I have.

7. When I get nervous, I talk too much. And I accidentally curse sometimes. And say very personal things to strangers. That kind of thing.

8. I will get lost getting there. I will have a map, but I will get lost anyway. I always do. I will probably go into the wrong parking lot as well.

9. I will get lost INSIDE the trade show. I will find a way to do this.

10. I will think it's over and I'll leave. And that's when the amazing super cool fantastic event will happen. I'll read about it on the internet on Friday.

Obviously I'm joking. But not really so much. I am, however, really excited to go. I vow to do my best... I mean, when you think about it, these are my people, our people.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, what fun! I wish I were going with you. Takes lots of pictures.

Jennifer said...

You're going to have lots of fun! Enjoy.

Anonymous said...

your description of things not to do...well darlin'...i am still laughing about it an hour later! can't wait til you get up here!!
i am going to try to not be green with envy about tnna...lucky duckling!

Anonymous said...

Umm, so I have been wanting to go but you can only go of you have a shop or, are a member of TNNA right?

Anonymous said...

How exciting! I hope you have a great time, even if you are completely turned around