Thursday, April 02, 2009

Vogue Spring/Summer 2009

Have you seen the new Vogue Knitting?

I've got a sock pattern in there!

Lace Socks

What I didn't know: The theme...

A LACY AFFAIR
Boudoir accessories that are lacy and just a little racy.


Lace Socks

Here is a pic of the back, because you can't see that in the magazine:

Lace Socks

Weird things about being in this issue of Vogue:

1. They changed the name of the pattern to "Lace Sock." The original name is one I am fond of so I will use it again later, so I can't tell you what it is right now. But... Lace Sock? That's the name? Really?

2. Lacy = Racy. I learned that today. I'm not afraid of it.

3. They seriously enhanced the color of these socks. The pictures in the magazine look like a really fantastic blue. I prefer that color, actually.

4. They put my pattern on the last page. My awesome co-workers tell me this is good, because people flip to the back to find the patterns.

5. They put my pattern on the page next to the insanely gorgeous lace knee stockings. My socks could develop a complex about this.

6. If we're being technical, they actually named the socks "#29 Lace Socks" because the pattern is the 29th in the magazine. I'm also 29. I have been for years!

7. If you're still reading this, then you have overestimated my ability to itemize the experience. I'm just going to be happy for a while... yeah!

The whole issue looks good to me. What are you waiting for? Go get it!

8 comments:

Harlem Purl said...

Congrats, congrats. I have to pick up this issue, just becaus eI am in love with the back of your sock! I mean the front is nice and I would've looked at it and said "hmmm, nice", but whne you showed the back, I went "Woohoo yowsa!"

Natalie Rush said...

What a beautiful sock!!!!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to pick up a copy for myself...CONGRATS!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm on the way to the store to grab a copy. They really should have shown the back!! This is really great! Congrats! Moma Ewe

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

I saw the online preview, and thought, "Oh, a lacy sock." But the back is kickass! I love it.

Congratulations!

TricotChico said...

I'm always impressed by your ability to design socks, and I really like the kinda-leafy pattern on this one.

A comment not about the socks, though: fingerless gloves? Really? Do people wear these in the "boudoir"? So much for me to learn about the world still, apparently.

Sandy said...

I was in the store today and we looked at them together in the magazine. The pictures were great but I cannot believe they didn't show the back...that's what makes these socks! I would call them "Star Beau" or "Snow White's Cottage" or (what were you about to call them???)Sandy

cathy said...

Thanks for showing a picture of the back -- from the magazine, I had no idea how pretty it is!