Saturday, April 13, 2013

Favorite Things Friday Five

Hi Friday Friends! Perhaps you have noticed that it is Saturday? More importantly, so what? This week we have two new favorites to explore: school subject and board games. I'm going to jump in with the easy one first...

1. Favorite Subject in School: Art

"Christina's World" by Andrew Wyeth
Christina's World by Andrew Wyeth - photo by goldberg via flickr

For a long time not much else mattered to me. What can I say about art in a brief yet meaningful way? I dunno. I'll turn to Picasso:

Everything you can imagine is real

OR maybe Nietzsche?

You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star

That kinda sums it up succinctly I think.

2. Board Game: Arkham Horror




Believe it or not this one is way harder for me. I am a total board game nerd and do not wish to commit myself to one game. That said, Arkham Horror is amazing. This is the game that got me into complicated, cooperative games. This means players work together and you either all win or you all lose. In this case, that could mean a gruesome, gory, Lovecraft-inspired demise. Yes, the board is ridiculously huge and you need a big table to play it. Set-up is long, as is putting it away. I once spent six hours playing this game. You can feel sorry for me if you want but I loved it. I don't play it much anymore but it will always hold a dear place in my heart.

Thanks for stopping by, pals!

{Part of a Friday series with AlexVivian and Lee that celebrates our power to discern, discriminate, decide and declare. Please join us in the comments or on your own site if you have a few favorites, too.}

No comments: