Friday, April 26, 2013

Favorite Things Seven

Hello to the handful of you that visit my blog! I appreciate each and every one of you for stopping by. I'm going to attempt to address this week's theme carefully, since one is easy and the other is not.

1. ecological sin (being things that are deleterious to our planet’s resources but that you enjoy anyway): Pass. Or electricity. Or pass. No wait, LIVING!

Do I get to have a favorite of this one? Having a car is nice. Computers are useful. I enjoy electricity. A lot of my clothes are produced unethically. If I ate meat I would probably go with that, but I don't. Does my mere existence count? Then I choose being alive. It's really unlikely that any of us are, and yet here we go, depleting the planet. I choose being alive as my favorite ecological sin.




2. bogus swear word (when in mixed company): Bonkers/Bananas/Loony Tunes

I use these three a lot to suggest something here is crazy. I love all three and they can be used interchangeably.



Runner ups:

Rats! (self explanatory)

Jack Monkey Doodle - as in, "I don't know jack monkey doodle about pleasurable ecological sins!"

Dog Business - as in, "I feel like dog business today." I love this one because my business is knitwear and dog business is you know what.

(I also like "You Know What")


{Part of a Friday series with AlexVivian and Lee that celebrates our power to discern, discriminate, decide and declare. Please join us in the comments or on your own site if you have a few favorites, too.}

1 comment:

Unknown said...

haha, 'Dog Business' is, to me, the quintessential Star swear word. Every time you use that one it delights me!